Since 2005, The Endurance Trust has been investing in the future of children around the world. Starting in 2009, The Trust is establishing the Endurance Kids Race Scholarship Program.
This program, funded by your membership dollars, will provide kids (under 18 years of age) the opportunity to race for free!
Annual Scholarships covering race entry fees of up to $500.00 US per year will be awarded in each of these 6 disciplines:
- Mountain Biking
- Road Biking
- Ocean Swimming
- Adventure Racing (Team & Solo Eligible)
Eligibility for the Endurance Kids Race Scholarship Program is as follows:
- Nominations must be received by December 13th to be eligible for the following year’s award.
- Nominations must be made by current Endurance Trust Competitive Member Athlete.
- Nominee must be 18 years of age or younger.
- Members should submit the following information:
- Name & Age of the Nominee
- Race History and Resume’
- Future Race Schedule – Age Appropriate Distances*
- A brief write up on the Nominee’s accomplishments and achievements – including athletic, academic and civic pursuits.
- Member & Nominee Parent Contact Information
- Photograph of Nominee (preferably an action sports photo)
Nominations should be sent to EnduranceKids@endurancetrust.org
Nominations will be reviewed by The Endurance Trust staff and upon final determination, the Nominee, Member and the Nominee’s Parents will be notified by December 1st.
Those who are awarded an Endurance Kids Race Scholarship will be featured here with updates, schedules and the results of their endeavors. The Scholarship Winners will receive a complimentary 2 year Competitive Membership in The Endurance Trust, race entry fees of up to $500.00 US for 1 season and the opportunity to be an ambassador for The Endurance Trust and PLGA Foundation/ Pediatric Brain Tumor Research.
Again, this is a free program and kids from every walk of life and nationality are eligible!
Please send any questions you may have to EnduranceKids@endurancetrust.org